About Sharon E. Hines
Sharon Hines is a best selling author and simple living writer. As a girl, she’d hole up in her bedroom, novel in hand, to escape the hot, Texas afternoons. Enthralled with the way authors used words to transport readers to new towns and paint vivid pictures of characters, she decided she wanted to do that, too.
After an eighteen year teaching career, she left the classroom in pursuit of her childhood dream. In 2011, she founded her blog where she wrote about home decor and DIY. In 2015, she published her first book.
Sharon has also contributed to Metropolitan Organizing as well as written guest articles for A Life in Progress and other blogs, and she was featured in the Brave Women series by Becky Beresford.
In addition to writing, she has worked as an interior decorator and professional organizer since 2011.
Sharon has been invited to share her lifestyle and home organizing expertise as a guest on podcasts and television, as well as speaking engagements. She has delivered keynote speeches and talks to numerous organizations such as M.O.P.S. and the Blog Elevated conference.
On Simple Living
The term simple living can mean many things, from living off the grid to creating a homestead. But, when I write about simple living, I’m referring to simplifying your life based on your core values and priorities, then aligning your daily routines and rhythms to those things that matter most. I use the terms intentional living and mindful living interchangeably.
My Simple Living Journey
I was a chronic people-pleaser who was slowly but surely being buried under the roles and responsibilities of marriage, motherhood, career, and family. I felt lost, hidden and misunderstood. I missed the person I was, and who I knew I could be.
Then, one October morning in 2011, I couldn’t take it anymore. That fateful day was the beginning of my decluttering journey, starting with quitting teaching. In the days that followed, I confronted my struggling marriage, faced my declining health and unraveled oppressive beliefs. I tidied my house; putting systems and routines back in place. I vowed to be more present for my then newly turned teenaged daughter.
I’ve been at it ever since. It’s been a hard, but rewarding road. I’ve found me, and I’m not letting her go.
The teacher and encourager in me cannot help but share the lessons learned along the way. That passion is what fueled my book, Home on Purpose, and it inspires what I write about on the blog and in the newsletter.
My Simple Life
- My core values are: faith, family, connection, self-expression and authenticity.
- I’m an enneagram 2, INFJ, Questioner/Researcher, and introvert.
- I’m an oldest child.
- I’m a Coke-drinking nature lover who could spend all day, every day at the beach reading the latest Nicholas Sparks novel.
- Summer is my favorite season, followed by Fall.
- I was in a “Most Fashionable” spread in my high school year book, and I still love fashion to this day. It’s one of my main modes of self-expression along with writing and decorating.
- My love language is quality time.
- I’m obsessed with British culture.
- The E in Sharon E Hines is for Elizabeth.
- I’m a native Texan and have lived in Texas my entire life.
Let’s Stick Together