You tend to your house and family, and many days that’s enough. But some days you wonder where you fit into all this. You miss having time to yourself and long for even just fifteen minutes to browse the aisles of Target or Michael’s, alone.
I promise it’s not just you. And you are not selfish. In fact, taking care of yourself is the least selfish thing you could do for those you love. I’ve discovered this invaluable reality the hard way, and I want to make it a little easier for you.
So, I’ve combined my life experience with my skills as a professional organizer to help you simplify your home and life and find time for you.
Who is Sharon E. Hines?
I’m a wife, daughter, sister, friend and mother who has been right where you are, surviving the trenches of motherhood and managing a household while trying to figure out what happened to the person you used to be, wondering if she still exists.
The truth is, she’d been buried beneath roles and responsibilities and stayed hidden in the shadows of everyone she served.
After years of ignoring that still, small voice that kept calling for a different way of life, I could no longer tolerate as is: a crumbling marriage, declining health, and what felt like failure as a wife and mom. It’s no wonder I reached a breaking point.
I quit my eighteen year long teaching career and started clearing all the clutter that overwhelmed me.
After ten years of stepping way from my old life, of being sifted, tried and tested, I can finally say I’m living in the truth that my soul knew existed all along.
I often compare it to walking through a wardrobe and witnessing a new world. Much like Narnia, this world is a place of possibility, restoration, and resurrection.
And man, do I want that for you. In fact, I can’t not at least share it and offer it to you.
It’s from this place I find myself turning around and extending my hand to you. If you’re looking for someone who will encourage and support you in making room for yourself and the life you want, I’m your huckleberry.
It’s my hope that between the personal stories and my experience as a professional organizer you’ll feel empowered to tend your space and soul so you can make room for what matters most.
This is the place for weekly support and encouragement. It’s where I share my own journey and expertise in hopes of inspiring you in:
- Self Care– Get practical tips for incorporating self care into your everyday life. It’s easier than you think.
- Simple Living – Learn how to live life based on your values and priorities so you can spend time on what matters most to you.
- Declutter – Get storage solutions, space planning tips, decluttering help and more to help you create space for the life you want.
Join hundreds of women just like you for Simply Saturday. We meet in your inbox every Saturday morning for authentic, transparent conversation between friends plus simple living tips and resources. It will quickly become the best five minutes of your week.
The Simple Living Challenge
It’s hard to be present when your mind is always distracted. Cut down on the distractions and discover clarity and purpose with the Simple Living Challenge.
If you’re overwhelmed by clutter, my book, Home on Purpose: Mindful Living in a Hectic World is a great place to start. It’s my best home organization tips, secrets and resources wrapped into a book you can read in less than an hour. It will help you:
- take back your time
- increase your energy
- customize household routines you can stick to
- get rid of paper piles, bring your inbox to zero and declutter any space in your home
- decorate your newly organized space
- make your house feel warm, cozy and inviting
If you’ve ever wished you could hire an organizer, this book is your wish come true.
DIY Organizing Guide
I created a DIY organizing guide to help you kick start the organizing process, starting with the areas of your home that will have the biggest impact. So, if you’re feeling motivated sign up for Chaos to Calm: Organizing Help for Busy Households.
This self-paced guide (meaning you get to organize when you have the time) walks you the process of tackling paper clutter from school, work, mail and the people clutter ( shoes, key, jackets, back packs…). By the time you’re done, you’ll have:
- a family command center to keep you and your family organized and on schedule
- a mail system that keeps the paper piles away
- and a drop zone with a place for everything and everything in its place
Plus, you get direct access to me to answer your questions and help you along the way. It’s like having a professional organizer come into your home, but for way, way less.
A Little Bit About My Family, A.K.A. My Why…
- Matt and I have been married 23 years. Our daughter, Hannah, is 22 and is studying to be a nurse.
- We’re native Texans and have always lived in Texas. In fact, we’ve always lived in and around Houston. We’ve lived in our current home in The Woodlands for nearly 14 years and have lived in this area for 20 years.
- We share our empty nest with Blackie the gray tabby, who Hannah named when she was six, and Britt, our loyal, loving dog who brings so much joy to our household.
- We love laughing, Tex-Mex, Sunday drives, hikes, and the beach.