Back to school means shopping for school supplies. While you’re at it, pick up some an extra pencil pouch organizer, or several, because, as I’m about to show you, they’re not just for pencils.
This post may contain affiliate links to my favorite products and resources. To read my full disclosure policy, read here.
25 Ways to Repurpose Pencil Pouch Organizers
Some of the best organizers come from repurposing items we already have in our home. And a pencil pouch has to be one of the most versatile.
What Can You Put in a Pencil Pouch?
Over the years I used zipper pouch bags to organize my car, purse, travel, and of course, my household.
Ways to Use Pencil Bags in Your Car
- corral napkins and straws
- keep hand sanitizer and masks handy
- hold car registration and insurance
- store first aid supplies
Stash the bag, or bags, in your console, the glove compartment or in the open compartment of the car door for easy access.
Using a Pencil Bag as a Purse Organizer
You could use a few to separate and corral items in your purse. Some ideas include:
- female products
- a purse fashion emergency kit – my emergency kit includes a stain pen because I always spill food on my shirt. You might also want fashion tape, needle and thread, or band aids for when your shoes rub blisters on your feet.
- a purse pharmacy with pain reliever, eye drops, tissue, hand lotion, band aids
How to Simplify Travel with Pencil Pouches
I love using zipper pouches for travel. They really make traveling so much easier.
- Tuck your license and boarding pass in a zipper pouch and keep it in an outer pocket of your carry on. That makes it so easy to grab as you check in and again when you board the plane.
- Corral small items in your suitcase. This will keep them from rolling around and getting lost. And they’ll be easy to find when you need them.
- Tuck a few bags in your pool or beach bag. Use one for purse items like cash or a wallet, your phone, and keys. Pack sunscreen in one. You could use another bag to hold plastic bags for storing wet swimsuits.
- Use them to pack makeup, skincare, or travel-size products
Keep Your Household Organized with Pencil Pouches
Sometimes organizing your home is as simple as storing stuff in a pencil pouch. You can use them to:
- keep coupons handy
- corral receipts
- act as a piggy bank
- store puzzle and game pieces
- keep business cards (yours or others) all in one place
- hold recipe cards in your recipe book
- stash mementos (like notes, birthday cards, ticket stubs, playbills, etc.) for safe keeping
- temporarily store photos as you sort and organize them
- hold in-progress project notes
- keep lost and found items you come across around the house
- house a portable sewing/mending kit
- organize makeup and makeup brushes
- hold ponytail holders and barrettes
As you can see, these handy bags really do help simplify your everyday life. Be sure to pin it for future reference.
If you want to put any of these ideas to use, I recommend buying pencil bags in bulk. These cotton canvas bags come in a pack of six. If you’re a sewer, Etsy has several patterns to choose from. You could pick some fun fabrics and sew as many as you need. And, of course, Amazon has plenty of options for buying in bulk as well. Whichever route you choose, be sure to check reviews, and look for durability.
For more creative organizing ideas, read:
Leave a Reply