I’m a sucker for the office supply aisle at target. The owl thumb tacks and dog tape dispenser and gold stapler and the little chalkboard easel caught my eye every single time I was in the store.
And, I’d stand there, admiring, looking, and wanting, but I couldn’t bring myself to buy any of it, and I’d leave the store thinking, “Maybe next time.”
Well, next time finally came and so one afternoon, with me, myself and my gift card, I walked into Target and headed straight to the office supply aisle.
It was so freeing to make what I considered frivolous purchases; buying items that I didn’t need and that I didn’t know exactly how or when I’d use them, especially the chalkboard easel.
As, I walked out of the store with my new desk accessories, a light bulb went off…
The chalkboard easel could be used as a kitchen table centerpiece.
A Simple Kitchen Table Centerpiece for Everyday
The easel is small enough to tuck right into the middle of the table with the centerpiece and dishes. If you’re hosting a dinner party, you can write the menu or main entree on one side and put recipe cards on the other side.
For everyday use, writing the menu on the chalkboard will keep everyone from asking what’s for dinner.
You can use the chalkboard as your centerpiece by itself or add in a few more table decorations. I added a table runner, dinnerware and a bowl of fruit to complete the look.
9 More Kitchen Table Centerpiece Formulas
- runner + bowl + vase of flowers
- tablecloth + one large vase of flowers
- runner + three small vases of flowers sitting in a row
- runner + vase + stack of plates
- runner + bowl + tall candlesticks
- runner + bowl + tall candlesticks + vase of flowers
- runner + pedestal stand + tall candlesticks
- tablecloth + cake pedestal stand with seasonal fruit on top
- runner + cake pedestal stand + stack of plates
Shop Kitchen Centerpieces
- desktop chalkboard
- apple vase filler
- decorative bowl
- table runner
- soup bowls
- small vase of flowers
- salt and pepper shakers
- napkin holder
- cloth napkins for everyday use
- drink coasters
- cake pedestal stand
- large vase
For more decorating and styling tips, read: