If you often find yourself saying things like, “I’m so busy” or “There’s not enough time”
then we need.
All those reasons for not creating a life you love are excuses in disguise. If you want to make a change, you’re going to have to stop it.
Stop making excuses.
“Did she just tell me to stop it? I can’t believe she just said that. “
Yes, I did. And here’s why.
We have all been given the same 24 hours in a day. Forget about the planners and calendars and to-do lists for a moment.
I’ve said this before, but it bears repeating: none of those tools will work without self-discipline, and a little organizational know how, on our part.
What do I mean? Simply that we have to do things we don’t want to do, and we have to learn how to organize our time. The bottom line is that we all tend to have time for what we want to have time for.
So, before another day gets away from you, try these tips.
7 Excuse-Busting Tips for Creating a Life You Love
- Create reasonable to-do lists that move you towards your goals. I’m so guilty of trying to fit a week’s worth of tasks into one day.
- Be okay with not doing it all. This is easier to do when you prioritize your list and adjust your plans as your priorities shift.
- Reevaluate your schedule. Do you need to be involved in everything on your schedule. If you say yes to what’s on your schedule, what are you saying no to? How does saying no to you make you feel?
- Learn how to work smarter, not harder
- Declutter your space in order to make room for the life you want
- Identify time wasters and work to eliminate them.
- Incorporate self-care into your routine. Taking care of yourself is the most selfless thing you can do.
And if you really want to learn how to take back your time, there is a whole section in my book devoted to time management.